2:00pm - Gate Opens
2:00pm to 3:45pm - Registration Check-In/Tech/Course Open for Walking
3:45pm - Drivers Meeting
3:45pm - Worker Check in/1st heat drivers to grid (if not yet)
4:00pm to 8pm - Competition Runs
Presentations at the timing trailer immediately following competition
runs. Track closes at 9pm so please assist with cleanup so that we could get the trophies done.
1. The course is very long and the site is very big. Be
mindful of the event schedule and how long it might take you to get
through the gate in the morning or from one end of the facility to the
other. Take that into account if you want enough time for course walks or to be on time for your work assignment. There are other events happening at the track which may hold up your entry.
The course will be open for about an hour or 2 prior to the event start time. Plan accordingly
as to not hold up the driver’s meeting and the start of the event. The course will be fast but easy to follow. Lime will be used to help mark the course. Plan to walk as soon as the course is open and be on time for the drivers meeting.
3. Junior carts will be running. All
cars must be stopped and turned off in our grid/course area while the
junior carts are running. Cars will not be stopped on the Pocono access
road or in the pits. In the interest of time, Junior carts may run a
slightly altered course design for this event.
4. We will not be breaking for lunch or in between heats for worker changeovers. Worker changes will be done “hot”. Your
work and run heats will be separated by at least 1 heat to give you
time to deal with your car and be on time for your work assignment. Make
sure you check in with the Chief of Workers before heading to your work
5. Grid information will be available a few days prior to the event, as will the worker assignments and run group orders.
We will be running LIVE timing at this event. If the size of the
course limits visibility of the timing display board, we will hand out
paper times at the end of the stop box if the scoreboard is not visable.
7. Each competitor will be given at least 3 runs for their entry fee.
8. There are no special fees for guests coming into the track. You
will be required to sign Pocono’s waiver sheet on your way in and then
obviously NEPA’s waiver sheet for yourself and all guests when you
arrive inside. NEPASCCA wristbands are required.
9. Parking and even sitting idle in your car is not permitted on any of the access roads surrounding the infield road course. The roads must be left COMPLETELY open at all times for emergency vehicles. If
you are parking in any of the grass areas off the access roads, please
leave at least 10ft of space between your vehicle and the road. There will be designated gravel parking areas for spectators and non-race vehicles.
All race vehicles will be parked in the paved pit area.
All vehicles must pass tech inspection to compete. Tech will be held in
the pit area. Have your helmet, your numbers, class, and required
stickers on your car and ready for tech.
11. Children are allowed anywhere on the site except during active competition. At that point, children should not be in the course area or in grid without specific permission from the event chair.
12. Registration for this event is 100% online. Walkups "MAY" be permitted to run depending on online sales. Online registration will be open until the day prior to the event. You
still need to show up at the registration table to check in, sign our
waiver, get a wristband, and receive your worker assignment before
Passengers are allowed at NEPASCCA Solo events. Passenger must be at
least 16yo and can prove so with an ID. Passengers are discouraged from
using these ride-alongs to help them learn the course (unless the
passenger is a novice). Event chairs have the right to prevent
passengers or DNF a driver if "unfair advantage" is determined. 16 and
17 yo passengers MUST have a minor waiver filled out and signed by a
guardian before heading on course.
Any driver whose car leaves the lot/course area during a competition
run due to driving recklessly or outside of their limits will be asked
to leave the event without refund.
Due to the high overhead to get this facility, refunds cannot be given
for this event regardless of your attendance. Don’t even ask. One more time:
REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GIVEN FOR THIS EVENT REGARDLESS OF YOUR ATTENDANCE. This event will be run rain or shine.
16. You will have a work assignment for at least one heat per day over the weekend. Be early for your work assignment. Late arrivals and no-shows can be disqualified from the event.
Fees for this event will be $40 for annual SCCA members and $55 for
non-SCCA members plus the dollar or 3 it is for the online registration
for the weekend (price increase of $5/weekend or $3/day to include
emergency services on site).
Junior Kart participants, who are also current Annual SCCA Members, are eligible for a $10 discount per event registered.
THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS FOR THIS EVENT!!! (yes, I said it again)
18. There will be no TNT at this event.
19. Shifter carts are permitted at Pocono but the driver must be 18yo.
20. Year-end trophies, jackets, and awards are only provided to "Annual SCCAMembers". Event trophies will be provided to ALL outstanding competitors for regardless of SCCA membership.
NEPASCCA normally does not use a sound meter to check exhausts. Safety
stewards and Event Chairs will decide if your car is too loud to run.
Pocono is probably the most lax of our venues though.
NEPASCCA has a few loaner helmets if you do not have one. Due to the
high turnout, there may not be a helmet available for you; definitely
not one for a passenger and you. We suggest that you do purchase your own.
23. Plan for a long day at the track and varying weather conditions (snacks, sunscreen, water, etc....) Bring your own tents and umbrellas if you need to stay out of the sun or rain. The timing trailer and event staff equipment tent is OFF LIMITS to non-event staff.
Anyone under the age of 18 who wants to drive, passenger, work, or
spectate needs to have a Minor Waiver filled out before or at the event.
Parent or guardian signatures are required. You can get a Minor Waiver
sheet at a NEPA Solo Event or download a copy from the downloads section
25. The curfew for this event is 9pm. You must be outside of the track gate by this time.
26. Unlike some of our local events, car numbers and classes will be mandatory on both sides of the vehicles. Like
last year, there is a chance that there may be 3 black Miata’s on
course at the same time. Vinyl letters, painter’s tape, magnets, or
window chalks are acceptable if readable. Your numbers, class, and
mandatory stickers will need to be on your vehicle to pass tech
Although Pocono does have security at the track, NEPASCCA and Pocono
are not responsible for any damage or lost valuables. The track is big
and they can't watch everything, all of the time. We've never heard of a problem at this facility but obviously we need to make this statement.
Jack Williams Tire and BFG stickers will be required on both sides of
the vehicle as per our sponsor agreement in order for your car to be
permitted on course.